Mykonos beach parties + bar and club special events in 2015

Music Only By Night

Looking to party on Mykonos during the  winter? Music Only By Night is a new bar and dance club that opened November 6 at the Gialos harbourfront in Mykonos Town

Click here to see Mykonos party events for 2016

{Updated November 7 2015. Summer is long past and the main party season on Mykonos has concluded, though you’ll find a number of bars open in Mykonos Town throughout the winter (some of which feature live Greek musical entertainment). Party venues will begin reopening early next spring, as the promotional images for Guapaloca and Paradise Beach Club (below) indicate. If you would like to get an idea of what the island’s party scene is like, turn to page 2  of this post. It contains an extensive list of events that took place from March through the end of October in 2015. You can expect similar event scheduling in 2016. ]

Where to get your groove on: With September’s arrival, peak travel season on Mykonos has passed — and that means the party season is starting to wind down. The party isn’t over by any means, but it just won’t be as frenzied and crazy as it got during July and August.

The Mykonos party scene started revving up in early spring when bars and clubs gradually began to open. Paradise Lounge was the first beach venue to open in 2015 — on March 25, to be precise — while über-stylish Nammos restaurant and bar at Psarou beach launched its season 10 days later, on April 4.

April 4 was the day the party scene in Mykonos Town kicked off with a bang — that’s when Room 101 dance club held its opening party featuring DJ Diversion.

Since then all the island’s top bars and clubs have opened their doors, and a slew of newcomers — including the new beach clubs Scorpios and Monarch, plus Toy Room, Project, Bonbonniere, Breeze and Vicolo in Mykonos Town — have joined in.

This post contains a day-by-day, month-by-month listing of all bar and club parties that were announced on social media this year.

Guapaloca Mykonos 2016 promotional image

Parties resume at Paradise beach’s Guapaloca club in April 2016

Paradise Beach Mykonos 2016 promotional image

Paradise Beach Club will launch its 2016 party season in April

CONTINUED ON PAGE 2

Pages: 1 2 3

83 Comments

1. Hello, this website is so helpful. I am organising a hen party early June for 15 people and any recommendations would be great! I will be keeping my eye open on your site for parties that will be coming up. We are heading out 5th June. We were thinking of organising a boat trip one of the days so if you have any recommendations that would be brilliant! Thank you

2. Hi,

Going out to Mykonos on 9th may for a week.

Will the beach parties/ clubs be open by then?

Thanks

March 6, 2015 at 9:14 am

You’ll be in Mykonos when the island is just getting going for the 2015 tourist season, but in Mykonos Town you’ll be able to party at Skandinavian Bar and other bars. The afternoon/evening beach parties at Tropicana Club (Paradise beach) will also just be starting up around the time you arrive. Won’t be as wild and rowdy as during main summer season, but you should still have a great time.

3. hi i will be touching down mykonos on 2nd of May and will be there on 3rd may also. So any idea where can we enjoy the party scene at that time. i know it is generally quiet during that time still it will be great if you can share some insight.

March 26, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Keep checking this particular post … I update it with information about bar & club openings as I learn about them.

4. Hi…..what is the party scene like 26-29 May…..are the clubs open on all days of the week..im coming from athens on Tuesday so there on Tue,wed, thurs night,,,,,,thanks!!

April 3, 2015 at 11:57 am

You’ll have plenty of places to party in Mykonos Town, but in May the bigger nightclubs and the clubs at Paradise beach usually have events only on weekends. If you can bump your visit to the weekend of May 29-31 you’ll have more choices. But you’ll still have a good time if you can only go from the 26-29th.

5. Hi..

Im arriving there on 05 june until 09 in mykonos! Which party do u recommend?

Thanks 🙂

April 5, 2015 at 9:13 am

June parties have not been announced yet, so it’s too early to recommend something. Keep checking this post for updates.

6. I am here now, What should I do? Any helpfull advice?

April 14, 2015 at 5:35 pm

Stroll around Mykonos Town …climb the hills above the Town for amazing views of the town, sea and nearby islands … take a ferry to Delos island for half a day to explore the ruins and archaeological museum …. have lunch at a traditional Greek beach taverna like Nikolas Taverna at Agia Anna (between Platis Gialos and Paraga) or TAsos Taverna at Paraga …. go to the Little Venice seaside for a cocktail at sunset …. check out the clubs at Little Venice, and bars in Mykonos Town, for nightlife. It’s early season but still plenty to see & do!

• Hello, how was your experience in Mykonos in April as I am planning to go there in April 2017

7. I’ll arrive alone in mykonos this sunday for few days, i readed your advices.. i know it’s still early for summer season but hope to have fun, relax in sunny beaches and find some nice club or bars in town for nightlife and have a chat!

8. My husband and I are planning to go to Mykonos towards the end of June 2015. Are there beach parties during the week at this time or should we make sure to extend our stay over the weekend?

April 26, 2015 at 8:46 am

There are beach parties at Paradise every day starting at 4:30 pm (16:30). Should be a beach party at Super Paradise as well, starting at the same time.

9. I will be travelling on my own in July, are there any special events on in Mykonos during this time? Any backpackers that you can recommend?

May 6, 2015 at 8:38 am

Keep watching my beach party post for news about July parties — events haven’t been announced yet.

If you’re asking about backpacker accommodations, look up the Paraga beach hostel & camping at Paraga beach. Paradise beach resort also has camping & cheaper accommodation options.

10. I’ll be in Greece late August and was thinking of stopping over at Mykonos first week of September. Will that be too late for the summer parties/DJ line ups? I’ve been there late July before, serious summer fun!

May 7, 2015 at 9:07 am

Parties continue until mid September … not as many as in July or August, of course, but you’ll find plenty of places to have a good time during the first week of Sept.

11. I’m thinking of going to Greek Islands from mid to end August? Should i go from early to mid-August? When is it the peak time for partying?

May 13, 2015 at 9:21 am

The entire month of August is peak time for partying. Take note that August 19 to 23 is the annual Xlsior Festival on Mykonos, which is a huge gay party event attracting tens of thousands of participants. Just mentioning it in case that’s something you wouldn’t want to be around (though parties are held at specific clubs, beaches and other locations, not everywhere on Mykonos). But even with that event on, the straight party scene on Mykonos will still be going strong.

12. Jessica Herrera

May 17, 2015 at 9:59 am

Hi I’ll be arriving with a group of friends in Mykonos on May 23 and were only staying for 1 night. I was reading your advice from past comments, but I would like to know what bars/clubs you would recommend to go to during the day and at night and estimation of how much we will be spending there (were on a budget). And how’s the party scene for those dates, since we will be arriving before peak season.

May 17, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Friends who are on Mykonos have told me the island is pretty quiet right now but getting noticeably busier each day. You’ll be guaranteed plenty of places to party in Mykonos Town so that’s your best bet for nighttime fun. By day, I recommend going to Paradise beach where you have afternoon beach parties that start at 4 and run until 11 pm. Alternatively, just spend the entire day and night at Paradise beach — on the 23rd, Cavo Paradiso is holding its Show Me Love party. Doors open at 11:30 pm and the party will run until daybreak.

13. We are heading there on 10th August but only for a few days.. Are things going on at the clubs earlier in the week also?

May 20, 2015 at 8:49 am

August is peak travel season in Mykonos, especially at the time you’re going. That means it’s peak season for the clubs, too, so you’ll find plenty of places to have a good time.

14. My friends and I will be arriving to Mykonos on June 4. How will the party scene be like? Is it too early or is it the right time to come. Is it easy to meet new people and have fun?

May 20, 2015 at 9:39 am

It’s early but Cavo Paradiso has events on June 4 and 6, Skandinavian Bar is always crazy and the bars at Little Venice are busy, too. It’s easy to meet people if you’re easy to meet yourself!

• We are staying till June 9, can you recommend us some stuff to do? We want to maximize our experience in Mykonos.

15. Hi
    i would be travelling to mykonos from 13th-16thjuly, would be great if you could guide on the party scene around that time.

Thanks.

June 12, 2015 at 3:07 pm

Still waiting for bars & clubs to announce events during those dates.

• Any accomodation ecommendations? Looking to stay on the beach with nice views, bit of luxury of pos but still close to town for the nightlife? Was looking at Mykonos Primcess? Would consider hiring a villa if anyone can recommend X

16. Me and my girlfriend will be in Mykonos this Summer, please can you recommend some bars/beach clubs/parties that are more chilled out and play deep house?

17. I’ll be in Mykonos (Mykonos Town) for a week in mid July..Is Cavo Paradiso easy to get to from Mykonos Town?

June 12, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Yes, you can get there by bus …. the bus service usually runs all night long when there’s an overnight party at Paradise beach.

18. My wife and I are in Mykonos June 20-27. Will Cavo Paradiso be open then?

19. I am planning to come to Mykonos on July 1 with me and my buddies and we are coming there to party Is that a good time to come. I can also plan to go a week later. With that make a difference ?

June 12, 2015 at 3:03 pm

It’s a good time but if you can go a week later you’ll have events at Cavo Paradiso every night versus just July 1 and 3 if you stick to your original dates. No word yet on what events might be taking place at other clubs & bars the first two weeks of July.

20. I will be arriving in Mykonos July 1 is that a good time for the party scene ! Will it be busy ?

21. Hi! I am going to be in Mykonos from August 31st to September 3rd..
    Will there be events and parties going on on these dates??
    Are all places (venues – clubs – restaurants) open and running in September as part of the season there?? We are looking for day parties or similar..

June 12, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Yes, there will still be parties on Mykonos at this time and clubs and restaurants will be open.

22. Hi,
    I will be going to mykonos from the 16th till the 27th of july. What do you raccomend? We’re five guys and we’re all 20.
    Thank you very much!

• Where r u guys staying? We r a group looking to go but seem to be coming across lots of family hotels, any tips on accomodation – somewhere nice tho, still need a bit of luxe X

23. Hi i am going to visit Mykonos for a bachelor party at 10-13 of September…..It is worth we can find parties etc or it is more for relaxing?
    Please help

24. hi are special events on september?

June 19, 2015 at 8:36 am

Clubs have not announced any events for September yet — it’s still too early. Keep watching this blog post. As soon as events are announced for September, I will post them here.

25. I will be going to Mykonos on 28th and 29th September. Will there be any parties at that time?

June 19, 2015 at 8:37 am

Clubs have not yet announced any events for September — it’s still too early for that. Keep watching this post. As soon as events are announced, I will be posting them in the article.

26. Greetings,

I will be in Mykonos from July 31st – August 5th, and am looking for recommendations for day/beach clubs and nightclubs. I am looking to get a table wherever I go. So far, I only know that Nammos is good during the day, and Cavo Paradiso and Paradise Club are good at night.

Please let me know what the best options are.

Thanks.

July 1, 2015 at 5:56 pm

Beach parties begin in late afternoon at Paradise and Super Paradise beaches, as well as at Kalua bar at Paraga beach. The Nammos party scene actually lasts until 10 or 11 at night, sometimes later. Depending on the day & crowd, you could find a bit of an afternoon beach party at Monarch and Solymar (Kalo Livadi beach). Scorpios beach club is the newest hotspot for daytime and evening with special theme events certain days of the week. They’re indicated in my beach party blog post. Also check the post for details about acts headlining at Paradise Club and Cavo Paradiso. Flyers are added to the blog as they are released by the clubs.

27. going to be in Mykonos from September 7th for 5 days.
    Will there be events and parties going on on these dates?
    Did any of the clubs already published their schdeule for September ?
    Thanks

July 7, 2015 at 8:42 am

No September events have been announced yet. I will publish September events information when it is released. There will be parties while you are in Mykonos …. you may be there for some of the club closing parties.

28. Hello there,
    you’ve been a great help.
    My friends and I are coming from the 21st to the 28th of July.
    Any idea where we can find Deep House, House and Techno music? Like any specific clubs or beaches play these genres?
    A couple of have-to-visit beaches name would be lovely too!
    Thanks a lot.

29. Hi,

I’ll be arriving with a group of friends to Mykonos on September 14 so will it be busy or would you recommend any other island in that time?

July 23, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Party season is winding down but Mykonos will still be busy …. busier than any other island.

30. Hi There!
    I’ll be in Mykonos earlier Sept ( 2-5) is this still a busy time or is the season finishing?
    Thank you!

31. Hi
    I will be arriving on Sept 10-13 Will there be events and parties going on on these dates?

August 6, 2015 at 2:14 pm

You definitely will be able to party at bars in Mykonos Town. The major beach clubs have not yet announced when they will close — it’s usually by the 20th of the month — but the beach bars at Paradise will still be going strong.

32. hello there,
    We are travelling to mykonos on august 29, and interested in visiting cavo paradiso and paradise club, would they be as busy as always? Is it a good date to travel to mykonos? Thanks a lot

33. Sorry and one question: do we need to buy and tickets to visit these clubs or we pay at the door?! Thank youuu

August 18, 2015 at 1:13 pm

You can buy at the door. If you want VIP entry and a table purchase tickets in advance through the club websites. When you’re in Mykonos watch for club promotional people in Mykonos Town and sometimes at some of the beaches — they often give away admission discounts.

34. hi, we are going to mykonos on the 16th-17th of sept (our birthday)any recommendation on hotels and party clubs?

35. We are going to Mykonos from the 20th-25th, will there be any beach parties or club parties or has everything shut down? Thanks

36. we are planning to visit mykonos from 14th april till 17th april 2016 will there be any parties that time ?

37. We are planning to come to Mykonos from 4 August till 9 August, we booked at Mykonos blanc hotel in ornos. Please can u advise me about my choice of hotel and time of stay. We are also planning to book for VIP tickets if any events during our stay. And do we have to reserve previously VIP tables at night clubs for non event nights, don’t know the procedure . Thank you

38. Going to Mykonos in August, are the beach parties easy to get to and get back from? Trying to work out where best to stay that isn’t in the centre of it all but still accessible?

March 6, 2016 at 9:45 am

If there is an event at Cavo Paradiso or Paradise Club, bus service continues late into the night. And in August, there are events at Cavo every night. So, if you stay in Mykonos Town, you’ll be able to get to the beach parties easily enough.

39. Hi,
    I wanted to ask if by July 2016 events are already available,
    especially between the second and third weekend of July.

thank you.

March 15, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Only one event for July has been announced. See my post entitled Mykonos bar & club openings and party events in 2016 for information about this year’s events.

40. My friend and I (both 24) will be arriving June 4-7. It seems like a lot is kicking off by then according the promo’s already released. Looking a little further in, it seems as though a lot of the big headliners don’t arrive till around the 3rd week of June. Will the club/bar scene still be relatively busy (we will be there on the weekend) this early in June or are we a little too early to enjoy the proper nightlife?

41. Hi, Im going on a Greek island hopping Tour with contiki from May 4th to the 16th? We will be in Mykonos from the 5th to the 7th? will the beach bars be open at this time?

42. Hi,

Planning on visiting Mykonos for a stag do on 8th September – 13th September 2016. Will there be any main events happening on these dates? Also, is the weather usually still good around those dates?

Please recommend some decent clubs/bars/places to visit for GOOD PARTIES!!